Final reminder to register for the 2019 Conference.

Council on American Studies Education

Feb 10, 2019, 6:57:00 PM2/10/19
to CASE Chicago
Friends of the CASE,

The 2019 CASE Conference will be held on Friday, Feb. 22, at the Chicago History Museum. The conference theme will explore “Justice in America." The full conference program is now available to view: www.casechicago.org/conference/info/

Registration is also still open: www.casechicago.org/conference/registration/

Also, please continue to do your part to spread word about the conference through social media, such as Facebook -- www.facebook.com/casechicago -- and Twitter.

This year's conference provides a truly amazing opportunity to see Pulitzer Prize winning author James Forman, Jr, and discuss issues of justice and education with him and other Chicago-area teachers.

Here is an overview of this year's theme:
At a time when justice can seem far away -- a very distant American ideal -- we need to envision it.  We need to ask what true justice looks like and how we make it happen.  We need to re-tell and re-articulate the stories and statements of justice that have informed and inspired movements for change throughout American history, and we need to generate new stories and statements that give us strength and hope in our present struggles.This envisioning of justice requires a delicate balance between the pessimistic and optimistic sides of the American personality -- between an awareness of the seemingly intractable systemic injustices that shape American life and a hope in our capacity for revolution and transformation.

We are all looking forward to connecting and conversing soon.