One More Chance to RSVP

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Council on American Studies Education

未讀,
2023年1月27日 上午8:35:422023/1/27
收件者:CASE Chicago
I'm resending the message below, our announcement that CASE is closing up shop, to see if anyone who has not yet responded is interested in joining us for a final CASE celebration in the evening of the last Friday in February.

Feel free to respond to this e-mail if you are interested. A location and an exact time will be forthcoming soon.

*  *  *

Friends of CASE,

After over 30 years as an entirely teacher-led organization and learning community, the Council for American Studies Education (CASE) is officially closing up shop. The pandemic brought a halt to our annual conference, but it also gave us time to reflect on the amazing run we have all had, not just producing the conference year after year but also making both professional and personal connections that have lasted a lifetime. In that spirit of success, we think it is an appropriate time to make this goodbye official.

Instead of just going out quietly, however, we would like to end with a celebration. So on that last Friday in February — which so many of us had blocked off our calendar for decades — CASE will host a little party, after the school day ends, at a yet undetermined central location.

If you are interested in joining us, please send an early RSVP to either Bernie at ber...@casechicago.org or Katy at knew...@lths.net

Both of us took leadership roles in CASE early on in our teaching careers and it has been our companion all the way into what are now our final years of teaching. We feel incredibly fortunate to have had a community that both supported us and challenged us, that made our regional teaching world a little smaller while it made our historical and cultural perspectives ever larger and more inclusive. Revisit that storied history, spanning five decades, here: https://casechicago.org/about/history/

Thank you so much for making it happen.
-Katy and Bernie

Note: We haven’t updated this e-mail list in the last couple of years, so we realize this message might not reach everyone who would be interested in it. Please pass it along through your own networks — especially if you know of long-term CASE participants who have recently retired or moved on from their own digital addresses.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息