Call for Proposals Extended Until This Friday! Registration Still Open ...

1 view

Council on American Studies Education

Jan 29, 2018, 8:58:03 AM1/29/18
to CASE Chicago
Friends of the CASE,

We are very excited about the 2018 CASE Conference, which is now less than a month away. It will be held Friday, Feb. 23, at the Art Institute of Chicago. The conference theme will explore “Hatred and Healing in America: The Challenges of Teaching American Studies in 2018." For more information, go to www.casechicago.org

The Call for Proposals has been extended until this Friday, February 2. You can submit them online at www.casechicago.org/conference/call-for-proposals/ or e-mail Neil Rigler at nri...@dist113.org or Ken Kramer at kkr...@dist113.org with the following information:

-School
-Contact person and e-mail address
-Title of Presentation
-Proposal description

We will be sending out a preliminary program soon after.

Registration is also still open: www.casechicago.org/conference/registration/

If you prefer to pay by check, click on "Show other payment options” when you reach the Eventbrite page. Also note there is small processing fee added to this price. Conference fee includes: keynote speaker/program, breakout sessions, continental breakfast and luncheon, and time to meet with fellow American Studies teachers.

Also, please do your part to spread word about the conference through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.

Here is an overview of this year's theme:
From major incidents like Charlottesville to daily issues about racism, bias, and prejudice, these are challenging times for people of all backgrounds and political leanings. Words and actions are hurtful in a variety of ways, and leave wounds that need to be healed. This happens on personal, group, and societal levels and is no easy task. These matters impact the lives of our students, and can be especially difficult to explore in an American Studies classroom.

We are all looking forward to connecting and conversing soon.