Is it possible to perform image processing in Cascalog? If yes, then how?

Ishit Vyas

Jul 15, 2017, 7:36:30 AM7/15/17
to cascalog-user
I want to know whether image processing is supported in cascalog or not.

Sam Ritchie

Jul 15, 2017, 8:41:58 AM7/15/17
to cascalog-user
Hey Ishit,

Cascalog is a library that lets you assemble Hadoop jobs in a clean, composable way - at the end of the day you're still bound by the MapReduce paradigm.

I've definitely done satellite image processing using Cascalog, but my use case was probably a bit different. Can you tell us what you're doing, what you've tried and what problems you ran into? I don't know enough about general "image processing" to say whether or not mapreduce is a good fit for your problem.

Cheers,
Sam