Using cascalog.cascading.operations/rename* from JCascalog

David Kincaid

Sep 6, 2016, 7:38:32 PM9/6/16
to cascalog-user
I wonder if anyone out there knows how we might go about using the rename* function from JCascalog? I've tried something like this:

Flow flow = Api.compileFlow(getClass().getSimpleName(), sinkTap, query(observationTap, encounterTap, animalTap,
                errorTap
));

return (Flow) Util.bootSimpleFn("cascalog.cascading.operations", "rename*").invoke(flow, Arrays.asList("rowKey", "record"));

but that just generates an exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No implementation of method: :generator of protocol: #'cascalog.cascading.types/IGenerator found for class: cascading.flow.hadoop.HadoopFlow

Anyone know if it should be possible or some other way to get a Cascading Rename operation into my Cascalog pipeline?

Thanks,

Dave

Sam Ritchie

Sep 14, 2016, 11:11:03 AM9/14/16
to cascalog-user
I've not used JCascalog, but I thought there was support for using the operations directly? You definitely won't be able to pull in any of the operations in that particular namespace, as those were designed as an intermediate layer for use from Clojure only.