Getting error "IOException Failed to set permissions of path: \tmp\<local_disk_path>\.staging to 0700 org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.checkReturnValue (FileUtil.java:689)"

rishab...@imaginea.com

Aug 16, 2018, 10:28:52 AM8/16/18
to cascalog-user
Hi All,

I have installed hadoop 2.6.5 and leiningen-2.8.1. Now when i open lein REPL, I am able to run commands:

(use 'cascalog.api)
(use 'cascalog.playground)

And I get sentence printed in the console when i simply run "sentence" from repl but if i try to run a simple cascalog query like:

(?- (stdout)
       sentence)

then i am getting the exception that "failed to set permission of path  \tmp\<local_disk_path>\.staging to 0700".

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I have also attached my profiles.clj file.

Thanks,
Rishabh
profiles.clj

Sam Ritchie

Aug 16, 2018, 10:34:05 AM8/16/18
to cascal...@googlegroups.com
Looks like maybe a windows issue? Do you need to modify permissions so you can access \tmp... or is that even a directory accessible on windows?

Best of luck! You might try searching the codebase for that directory and seeing there’s a way to override the temp directory. I believe there is.

Disclaimer:
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.

Sam Ritchie

(Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org)

rishab...@imaginea.com

Aug 17, 2018, 1:36:52 AM8/17/18
to cascalog-user
Yeah I have read in many articles that this may be because of hadoop on windows but i have tried all the solutions suggested to avoid this issue. Still i am facing the same.
And yes the directory it mentions in the error messages is not existing/accessible in windows.

Let me know if anybody can help me or have faced the same issue.

Sam Ritchie

Aug 17, 2018, 8:47:15 AM8/17/18
to cascal...@googlegroups.com
I think you can override the java.io.tmpdir property with job-conf.clj, but you’ll have to search the docs for how to do that. Good luck!