[Action Required] Conjars Repo

Chris K Wensel

Feb 28, 2021, 2:49:37 PM2/28/21
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Conjars has been running for about 10 years hosting the Cascading project and ecosystem libraries.

The system it is hosted on is no longer owned by me, and the conjars.org domain is not mine to rely on.

Further, there are a couple potential security risks I can’t simply resolve with the existing system.

So, I have decided to copy all the artifacts to a new system and host them reliably from there at my expense.

The difference is that the repo will be read-only. New artifacts cannot be uploaded. This also means the search and browser functionality will no longer be available.

The new repo is online now at: https://conjars.wensel.net/

The current domain, conjars.org, will remain as is for the next month or so. Then the domain will be pointed to the conjars.wensel.net domain.

The hope is that developers will change their builds to point to conjars.wensel.net to verify the site is working appropriately before the switch.

And when we change the conjars.org domain to point to the new location, existing builds will be unaffected (until conjars.org domain is no longer available to us, whenever that might be).

If you have any questions or concerns, please respond to this email.

chris

Chris K Wensel

Chris K Wensel

Apr 11, 2021, 11:30:10 PM4/11/21
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Just a heads up I’ll probably make the dns switch on April 15th.

The intent is that it will be transparent to builds pulling dependencies.

Uploads will begin failing at that point.

chris

Chris K Wensel

Apr 18, 2021, 12:19:55 AM4/18/21
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
I made the switch..

For complicated reasons I had to redirect the name servers to reference a new hosted zone file.

This will result in the new dns entries to slowly show up in the wild.

The final result will be that https://conjars.org/ will now CNAME https://conjars.wensel.net/

If for some reason you are having issues, https://orig.conjars.org/ should reference the original server still online.

if you find you must use this server for builds to complete, follow up on this thread so I can sort out a way to resolve any issues.

If I can find a way to make a clean redirect (vs CNAME) from conjars.org to conjars.wensel.net, I’ll make that change after things stabilize and we know the new endpoint isn’t causing issues.

chris