CBA Learn To Brew Day Nov. 2nd 2019

Jess Ploium

Oct 7, 2019, 10:05:47 PM10/7/19
to Cascadia Brewers Alliance
Hello all,

Cascadia Brewers Alliance will be hosting a Learn to Brew Day event on November 2nd at Tap Union Freehouse. This day is is for getting people interested in homebrewing, as well as teaching them how to make their first beers at home. To try and match both of these goals we will be  teaching a beginning how to brew portion, as well as brewing a couple exhibition beers to generate interest in the hobby. We will need 3 brewers for this event, as well as people to come help out/explain the process to passers-by. We will "officially" be running the event between 11am and 5pm, I am sure Tap Union will not mind if some stay later for beverages;).  As for bringing homebrew, please keep it at home until further notice as we have not set up a "private" area where it can be served.

Here is a sign up sheet for attendees and brewers, if you are interested in coming to help brew or help out with the day please sign up! We will need one all grain brewer and two extract brewers, one of which will be a "teaching" brewer and the other will be an "exhibition" brewer. If you do not have mobile equipment, I have a set that can either be used for AG or extract brewing. Please keep they equipment relatively simple, especially for extract. This is meant to show people how easy it is, not scare them away with hundreds to thousands worth out equipment:)

Finally if you have anyone interested in learning to brew their first beer, htis would be a great event to bring them to! I have also included a sign up sheet for guests so we can plan the teaching portion accordingly.

this will be a great event, and I look forward to getting some new people interested in brewing!

Cheers,

Jess

Jess Ploium

Oct 7, 2019, 10:22:25 PM10/7/19
to Cascadia Brewers Alliance
Also, for those signed up, the date has been pushed out.

Jess Ploium

Oct 7, 2019, 11:45:46 PM10/7/19
to Cascadia Brewers Alliance
Disregard my last email.... That was for the barrel group

Jess Ploium

Oct 21, 2019, 7:05:44 PM10/21/19
to Cascadia Brewers Alliance
We are two weeks away from Lean To Brew day 2019! Looks like we have the brewers set, but not many people signed up to come talk to people or set up in the parking lot. Currently we also need some ez-up tents as there is a good chance it will be raining. If you can bring one, please let me know so I can make other arrangements if needed.

Thank you,

Jess

Matthew Liddy

Oct 22, 2019, 1:32:14 AM10/22/19
to Jess Ploium, Cascadia Brewers Alliance
Jess,

Count me in as an attendee. I can also bring an Easy Up in case it rains.

I will get signed up on the Google doc tomorrow.

--
Don't forget to join us in Slack : http://chat.cascadiabrewers.com/
Curious what the theme of the next meeting is? Check the homepage : https://www.cascadiabrewers.com