problems in installing CasADi with Matlab

Silvia Manara

Jul 4, 2016, 11:04:51 AM7/4/16
to CasADi
Hello everybody,

sorry to bother you, but I'm facing some problems with the installation of CasADi. I'm using Matlab R2015b on a Windows computer.
I followed the instructions for the binary installation for Matlab R2104b or later: it was not working, but I realized this was probably due to the fact that on the same path I had another folder containing casadi-matlabR2015a-v3.0.0-rc2 (from the NOC-DAE Winter school in Freiburg). So I deleted the old folder, reinstalled the new one and restarted everything. Now the installation test works well, but I still have some problems with Matlab: it keeps crashing and saying

Can't reload 'C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2015b\bin\win64\mm_rmidd_mi.dll'

Error in rmidata.RmiData

Error in rmiml.RmiMlData

Error in rmiml.RmiMlData.getInstance

Error in rmiml.getAll

Can't reload 'C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2015b\bin\win64\mm_rmidd_mi.dll'

Error in rmidata.RmiData

Error in rmiml.RmiMlData

Error in rmiml.RmiMlData.getInstance

Error in rmiml.visibleInToolstrip

Can anybody help me to fix it up? Thanks!

Best,
Silvia

Joris Gillis

Jul 5, 2016, 5:25:30 AM7/5/16
to CasADi
Dear Silvia,

You had an installation that worked in the past, and a new installation that does not work at present?
The error does not sound familiar to me. When does it occur?

Best regards,
    Joris

Silvia Manara

Jul 5, 2016, 8:40:17 AM7/5/16
to CasADi
Dear Joris,

yes, I used to have CasADi v3.0.0.-rc2 installed on this computer with the same version of Matlab and it was working. Then I switched to CasADi v3.0.0.
Everytime, when I opening Matlab, I found this error on the command window.
I also needed to use another program, Robotran (http://www.robotran.be/) with Matlab, and its functions (which are supposed to be added automatically added to the Matlab path) were not working aymore. So what I did is I tried to reset the Matlab path, but now everytime I open Matlab, that's what I find on the command window:

lug 05, 2016 2:22:24 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>

WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.

and it suddenly crash pretty much every time I attempt to use it.
I'm not sure whether it depends on CasADi, actually. Maybe the best thing to do would be to disinstall everything and reinstall it all over again?
Sorry if my explanation is not so clear, but I'm not really expert in this kind of stuff :)

Best regards,
Silvia