Introducing: PAPER in CASA

Danny

Apr 7, 2011, 3:32:54 PM4/7/11
to casa-users
Greetings fellow CASA users. To get this forum started I'll offer a
quick summary of my own work with CASA.

I am using CASA to work with data from the Precision Array for Probing
the Epoch of Reionization. This is a large N (currently 32, will be
128 soon) low frequency interferometer in South Africa and Green
Bank. The elements are drift scan mode with ~60 degree wide field of
view and we cover the 100 to 200 MHz band with 2-4k channels.

We have conquered the following CASA areas:
importing data (filling an ms from scratch)
drift-scan
imaging
self-cal
simple parallelization

I have been using, almost full-time, for ~7 months. Along the way we
have found a half dozen CASA bugs and dozens of quirks but overall
we've had a good experience. I will happily answer any questions I
can, especially here at the start, to help build out this community.

Cheers,
~Danny