Fwd: Fw: [hc] brAhmaNa-s "destroyed" chArvAkan treatises? (Was Re: brahmins are responsible)

Trance Gemini

Jul 18, 2009, 10:38:02 PM7/18/09
to car...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ram mohan anantha pai <pair...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Subject: Fw: [hc] brAhmaNa-s "destroyed" chArvAkan treatises? (Was Re: brahmins are responsible)
To: Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com>

Trance,

Like in almost all 'free groups' where dissent is allowed to be expressed, in this group
too, we see very strong views from both sides.

If you are able to scan thru the posts in this thread, may be you will get
a little more info on Carvakas.  But mostly, this thread is a fight between
Brahmins and others - and very often it is wrose than the  stinking drains.

Just thought of your interest in Carvakas and felt, may be you get something.

cheers

Jul 19, 2009, 12:35:53 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
Why are there only the two of us in this group?
Hasn't the group been publicised enough?

2009/7/19 Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com>

--
Sri Harsha Dandibhotla
Computer Science, IIT Kharagpur

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 7:02:53 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Sri Harsha Dandibhotla <harsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why are there only the two of us in this group?
Hasn't the group been publicised enough?

Hi Harsha,

No I haven't had much time to do that unfortunately and since I'm not really connected to many Indians I wouldn't know where to start.

If you're interested in doing that I'd be happy to make you a Moderator.

I'm third generation Canadian with origins in India and don't speak the language or have many ties in the Indian community (other than relatives).

Ancient Indian history is just a personal interest of mine and a way of keeping connected to my roots.

I guess I was hoping that people would just pick up on it but that hasn't happened.

Are you on Atheist Nexus?

There's an Indian atheists group there which I just joined.

I've publicized the group in my profile but haven't connected to anyone there yet.

A friend of mine, Ram, may be joining in the next day or so, if he has time for another group, and maybe he can bring some people on board.

I'd like to keep it exclusively atheist though although I'm flexible and willing to go along with what you and Ram think of that.

How should we proceed? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Have a good one,

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla

Jul 19, 2009, 8:49:11 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
I am not on Atheist Nexus.. my Atheistic presence as of now is limited to usenet, facebook and my blog..
But I will try to get the group going in a couple of weeks when I will no longer be busy. This group's premise seems interesting, you got me interested in Charvaka, of which I had no knowledge before. Argumentative Indian seems like a must read now.

Cheers,
Harsha

[...]

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 8:53:07 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Sri Harsha Dandibhotla <harsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not on Atheist Nexus.. my Atheistic presence as of now is limited to usenet, facebook and my blog..
But I will try to get the group going in a couple of weeks when I will no longer be busy. This group's premise seems interesting, you got me interested in Charvaka, of which I had no knowledge before. Argumentative Indian seems like a must read now.

It absolutely is :-).

I will appreciate any help in getting this group off the ground.

Feel free to join me as a friend on my Facebook Page as well.

www.facebook.com/TranceGemini

Where's your blog?

Cheers,
Harsha

[...]

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla

Jul 19, 2009, 8:58:43 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com

2009/7/19 Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com>

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Sri Harsha Dandibhotla <harsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not on Atheist Nexus.. my Atheistic presence as of now is limited to usenet, facebook and my blog..
But I will try to get the group going in a couple of weeks when I will no longer be busy. This group's premise seems interesting, you got me interested in Charvaka, of which I had no knowledge before. Argumentative Indian seems like a must read now.

It absolutely is :-).

I will appreciate any help in getting this group off the ground.

Feel free to join me as a friend on my Facebook Page as well.

www.facebook.com/TranceGemini

Where's your blog?

Sent friend request.. I take part in the Atheist group discussions once in a while.
And my blog is at http://dsriharsha.blogspot.com/
you haven't looked at my signature yet? :O

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 9:01:22 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com

LOL! Sorry I'm a bit dense sometimes ;-)

--
Sri Harsha Dandibhotla
Computer Science, IIT Kharagpur
http://dsriharsha.blogspot.com

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 9:03:34 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
Apologies I give you the wrong Facebook account. Soo Sorry.

I forgot to add the 7 to the end.

www.facebook.com/TranceGemini7

Now *that*s embarrassing!

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 9:05:22 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
I just sent a friend request. Really sorry about that. I'm having a brain-dead morning. Need coffee.

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla

Jul 19, 2009, 9:08:05 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com

2009/7/19 Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com>

Apologies I give you the wrong Facebook account. Soo Sorry.

I forgot to add the 7 to the end.

www.facebook.com/TranceGemini7

Now *that*s embarrassing!

:O
I should have realized something was wrong when you said you were of Indian origin  and I sent a friend request to Callista Sullivan..

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 9:11:38 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com

LOL.

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla

Jul 19, 2009, 9:21:17 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
BTW.. my latest post is my first ever blog post where I talked about Atheism..
Feedback will be appreciated

Trance Gemini

Jul 19, 2009, 9:38:43 AM7/19/09
to car...@googlegroups.com
Will do :-)

And you're now a Manager of the Carvaka Group.