X64 EEG Channel Location

Adam Avalos

May 19, 2023, 12:25:00 PM5/19/23
to Cartool Community
Hello, I am using a X64 channel EEG cap from OTB and have been unable to locate a file to use the channel locations in cartool. Does anyone have any advice on a work around for this matter?

abagda...@gmail.com

May 21, 2023, 9:04:34 PM5/21/23
to Cartool Community
You can easily create a channel locations file in Notepad. Each row should contain x, y, and z coordinates, and a channel label. Each value should be separated by a space (no commas) and the first row should just be the total number of channels (see below for example). Once you save the file as a .txt, you can then simply change the file extension to .xyz and Cartool should be able to read it.

129
6.30200 -6.60700 -2.94200 E1
7.65900 -6.04100 0.35100 E2
8.71500 -4.41100 3.50200 E3
0.00000 0.00000 10.15900 E129

Alessia Pesenti

Sep 20, 2023, 10:55:39 AM9/20/23
to Cartool Community
Hi, i've tried this way but Cartool cannot open my file.  What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
forum.PNG

Armen Bagdasarov

Sep 20, 2023, 11:58:48 PM9/20/23
to car...@googlegroups.com
I copied the values from your screenshot and it worked for me, so I am not sure what you are doing wrong without more information.

Did you save as a regular .txt file and then change the extension to .xyz? When you change to a .xyz extension, the image of the notepad icon should change to a cartool channel locations icon. For more information, please see our tutorial: https://github.com/gaffreylab/EEG-Microstate-Analysis-Tutorial/wiki/Tutorial#channel-locations

This is a message sent from the Cartool Community group cartoolcommunity.unige.ch

Please note: unsuscribing from the group also unsuscribes you from the Cartool registration and download of Cartool.. if you just want to set how you receive messages, go to: groups.google.com/group/cartool/subscribe

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cartool Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cartool/18d977fe-8169-416a-b3b6-ebe0a9dca75bn%40googlegroups.com.

Alessia Pesenti