Issue with "Number of Consecutive Groups within Subjects" in "Fitting Maps"

Samuel Sze

Apr 11, 2024, 3:07:36 PMApr 11
to Cartool Community
Dear users of Cartool,

I would like to consult you about the number of consecutive groups within subjects for fitting templates to EEG files.

If I have a within-subject design with two conditions, is it true that I should have two groups (of files) ("Number of groups": 2), and the "Number of Consecutive Groups within Subjects" is 2?

Besides, if I have a between-subject design with two subject groups (e.g., patients and nonpatients), is it true that I should also have two groups (of files) ("Number of groups": 2), and the "Number of Consecutive Groups within Subjects" is 1?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Samuel

Denis

May 17, 2024, 9:09:32 AMMay 17
to Cartool Community
Hi Samuel

On Thursday, April 11, 2024 at 9:07:36 PM UTC+2 Samuel Sze wrote:
Dear users of Cartool,

I would like to consult you about the number of consecutive groups within subjects for fitting templates to EEG files.

If I have a within-subject design with two conditions, is it true that I should have two groups (of files) ("Number of groups": 2), and the "Number of Consecutive Groups within Subjects" is 2?

Yes, exactly.

Besides, if I have a between-subject design with two subject groups (e.g., patients and nonpatients), is it true that I should also have two groups (of files) ("Number of groups": 2), and the "Number of Consecutive Groups within Subjects" is 1?

Yes.

Denis

Samuel Sze

May 19, 2024, 5:46:33 AMMay 19
to Cartool Community
Dear Dr. Brunet,

Thank you so much for your confirmation!

Best regards,
Samuel