Cartodb installation problem

Mody Yaya Diallo

Aug 8, 2018, 6:40:04 AM8/8/18
to cartodb
Hello, after installing cartodb on my machine with the production environment, as soon as I unmount my application I have this error

unknown OID 24685: failed to recognize type of 'bbox'. It will be treated as String

But this error does not prevent the application from launching

But when I create a map it shows me an empty page, looking at the sql-api logs here is what I found

[ERROR] console - Error on query explain 'select * from cdb_dataservices_client.cdb_service_quota_info();': could not fetch affected tables or last updated time: the schema « cdb_dataservices_client » does not exist

Javier Torres Niño

Aug 8, 2018, 3:07:53 PM8/8/18
to car...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The dataservices issue should not be a problem if you don't intend to use them (for geocoding, etc). This kind of error is usually related with Maps API rather than SQL API. Can you check the network console in the browser while opening builder? Maybe you'll see some failing requests (a common occurrence is the request to /api/v1/map to fail or to return an error code in the response.

Hope it helps,

--

---

Javier Torres
Backend Developer
CARTO | carto.com

Mody Yaya Diallo

Aug 9, 2018, 2:31:40 AM8/9/18
to cartodb
Hi, thank you for your answer.
Looking at the network console here is the query that is problematic.
https://localhost/user/karto/api/v2/sql?q=select * from cdb_dataservices_client.cdb_service_quota_info();&api_key=e3a82fac8ed8f50bf04d0861b97880e49441c0d3 with error code 400.

In this image there is the trace of the error on the console.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 12:40 PM, Mody Yaya Diallo <yayab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, after installing cartodb on my machine with the production environment, as soon as I unmount my application I have this error

unknown OID 24685: failed to recognize type of 'bbox'. It will be treated as String

But this error does not prevent the application from launching

But when I create a map it shows me an empty page, looking at the sql-api logs here is what I found

[ERROR] console - Error on query explain 'select * from cdb_dataservices_client.cdb_service_quota_info();': could not fetch affected tables or last updated time: the schema « cdb_dataservices_client » does not exist

--

---

Javier Torres Niño

Aug 9, 2018, 3:03:08 AM8/9/18
to car...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that query is expected to fail if you don't have dataservices. But that won't prevent Builder from loading (only disable dataservices analysis). There must be something else wrong.

Mody Yaya Diallo

Aug 9, 2018, 3:08:45 AM8/9/18
to cartodb
I followed the installation instructions of this page https://cartodb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html.
How should I disable the data services analysis?
Thank you

Javier Torres Niño

Aug 9, 2018, 3:11:26 AM8/9/18
to car...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to disable dataservices. I really don't think that's your problem. You should analyze the network requests and the browser console to see if there are more failures. In particular, pay attention to the calls to the maps API as I pointed out earlier, since the problem is most likely there.

Mody Yaya Diallo

Aug 9, 2018, 3:22:39 AM8/9/18
to cartodb
In my network console after the failure of this request https://localhost/user/karto/api/v2/sql?q=select * from cdb_dataservices_client.cdb_service_quota_info();&api_key=e3a82fac8ed8f50bf04d0861b97880e49441c0d3 no new requests are sent to the server.

Olivier Vernin

Jun 30, 2020, 4:21:23 AM6/30/20
to cartodb
I have the same issue, any solution?