How to enable the new DB connections?

carto lover

Jun 30, 2020, 5:07:09 AM6/30/20
to cartodb
Is it possible to enable these features?

https://github.com/CartoDB/cartodb/blob/81ad2ff52cdea080e65fc0f36f8a1819294f61bd/lib/assets/javascripts/new-dashboard/pages/Connections/DBConnection/DBConnection.vue

Do we need some rake command? Or we need only to activate an enterprise user?

Shoaib Burq

Sep 24, 2020, 11:14:49 AM9/24/20
to cartodb
Hi I had a deep dive into this. It appears that for this to work there needs to be a postgresql proxy that routes connection requests (with username and apikey) to postgresql credentials. It also seems that they haven't made that available anywhere. The other thing to keep in mind is that it relies heavily on AWS Certificate Manager to generate SSL certs for every user that needs to connect.

Only way to get this working is to see the proxy code from carto or write it ourselves. In either case some kind of answer/clarity from the Carto team would be appreciated