how to add new source file to rake build and a zoom level question

1 view

goododd

Nov 4, 2011, 2:10:45 AM11/4/11
to Cartagen
Hi,

I've been playing with Cartagen for sometime and set up a web service
(calling OSM api) to do dynamic loading. It's so cool that I cannot
take my eye off the screen. A couple of questions.

1. One bug? In Importer.js, line 256, tag.v => way.tag.v

2. I tried to add a source file under "map" directory and thought
sprocket will pick up any file under load path src from the Rakefile,
but it's not concatenated into Cartagen.js. Can anyone help me with
this? I end up modifying the final cartagen.js which works but is not
a good way. I am trying to add user specified "pushpin" or "polyline"
after the map is rendered.

3. Is there an easy way to translate the "zoom" level used in cartagen
to the one used on common tile source (e.g. OSM)?

Thanks.

goododd

Nov 7, 2011, 1:29:10 PM11/7/11
to Cartagen
OK, I figured out the way of adding files. All depended files will be
concatenated and the dependency is based on "//=require"

Jeffrey Warren

Feb 9, 2012, 4:33:04 PM2/9/12
to cartag...@googlegroups.com
I'm going through all the email i missed in the past 10 years. Apologies...

> I've been playing with Cartagen for sometime and set up a web service
> (calling OSM api) to do dynamic loading. It's so cool that I cannot
> take my eye off the screen. A couple of questions.

Glad you like it!!

> 1. One bug? In Importer.js, line 256, tag.v => way.tag.v

Fixed and committed (thanks!!):
https://github.com/jywarren/cartagen/commit/4e545648ef62a8705b24adc31f4d5eb8c70e6457

> 3. Is there an easy way to translate the "zoom" level used in cartagen
> to the one used on common tile source (e.g. OSM)?

There should be. I think i tried coding this but zoom in cartagen is
related to viewport so I never got very far; if you come up with a way
to do this, please post some code and I'll pull it in!

Thanks,
Jeff