cannot download data

szijpeter

May 16, 2011, 8:21:42 AM5/16/11
to Cartagen
Hi,

I'm trying to export json data from cartagen.org but every time I get
a Service Temporarily Unavailable message.

Is this really temporary or should I find another way (creating my own
server) to transfrom osm xml data to json.

Thanks,
Peter

Jeffrey Warren

May 16, 2011, 12:24:26 PM5/16/11
to cartag...@googlegroups.com
Hi, peter --

can you post the URL you're trying to draw from so I can see the error and monitor logs on the server side?

jeff

Péter Szij

May 17, 2011, 3:25:11 AM5/17/11
to cartag...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

I've just tried this one now from the default Rome map (and still no success):
http://cartagen.org/api/0.6/map.json?bbox=12.48831,41.89262280722476,12.49451,41.89552589160648

Peter

Péter Szij

May 17, 2011, 4:18:05 AM5/17/11
to cartag...@googlegroups.com
Also, API docs seems down for me (although http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://cartagen.org/api/ tells otherwise).

Péter Szij

May 17, 2011, 4:33:28 AM5/17/11
to cartag...@googlegroups.com
Furthermore: I removed some unwanted links from your wiki :)

Jeffrey Warren

May 25, 2011, 2:31:53 AM5/25/11
to cartag...@googlegroups.com
Yikes, you caught me on a few things here:

Planet server

OK, I believe I have the planet server running properly at (for example):

Some recent changes in the openstreetmap rails port had broken my modifications.

API docs

I messed this up at some point with my apache config; I think it's working now. Sorry: http://cartagen.org/api/

Wiki spam

I've stopped using Instiki for wikis now; too much spam. But i haven't had the time to migrate this into something else, like, for example, the Github system.

Thankful -
Jeff