Cartagen cleanup, client, where to find stuff now

4 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

Jeffrey Warren

μη αναγνωσμένη,
7 Οκτ 2011, 6:40:18 μ.μ.7/10/11
ως cartag...@googlegroups.com
Hello mappers -- just wanted to say that on the heels of the recent announcement to fork the MapKnitter project (http://mapknitter.org, http://github.com/jywarren/mapknitter), I've spent some time cleaning up and reorganizing the Cartagen (proper) source tree.

##Client is now default##

At the Github page/repo, http://github.com/jywarren/cartagen, you'll now see the *client* edition of Cartagen, which is much simpler and easier to figure out if you're just starting out, and honestly, does most of the fun stuff. The server component mostly does backend lifting to get data ready to pipe into the client, anyways, and sometimes to proxy through map data to avoid JavaScript security policies. Most people are really looking for the client, so if you run this basic command you'll get that: (Also if you just download the source from the Downloads link)

git clone g...@github.com:jywarren/cartagen.git

##Where to find Cartagen Server##

The server is now on it's own branch called "server": https://github.com/jywarren/cartagen/tree/server

The server, incidentally, has been cleaned of much if not all of the old Knitter code, and is now tidier and easier to read. But it now does even less, so just use the Client edition!

##Download##

Also, some people have been having trouble with the 0.6.2 client download zip. It's been superceded by some new changes, including what we'll refer to as the "0.6.3 release candidate 1" and so I've deleted the old zip download -- if you want to get started with Cartagen, just download the source, which you can find in the same place the old .zip was.

Finally, the way you set up a Cartagen environment changed since 0.6.2, and instead of using a <canvas> tag, you now want any element with the ID "canvas":

That was a stumbling block for some, sorry the change wasn't better documented.

Hope that's helpful!

Jeff
Απάντηση σε όλους
Απάντηση στον συντάκτη