Re: Client Data, OSM-JSON

Jeffrey Warren

Dec 12, 2011, 12:04:57 PM12/12/11
to David Mahfouda, cartag...@googlegroups.com
The need for OSM-JSON is a big hole... i feel like we should implement a GeoRSS or GeoJSON parser to fill it.

There's a not-very-well-generalized GeoJSON parser in this codebase, built on Cartagen. see line 173:

FYI, I also moved the wiki into the Github wiki system, though it's full of old crap. At least it should be more spam-resistant.

Jeff

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Jeffrey Warren <je...@unterbahn.com> wrote:
Hey David - check out this Python script:

Hi, Fran - there was some discussion about using either a built-in utility of the Cartagen server to do this (but it was quite unreliable, i just threw it together a long time ago)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cartagen-dev/import$20json$20cartagen/cartagen-dev/4yONjunsmBI/dQNmDiLzaaIJ
the other python utility is called xml2json -  https://github.com/hay/xml2json
What files are you looking to convert? If it is standard OSM stuff, you may not need to -- you could use the ones Cartagen.org is already generating. Can you offer some more specifics?
jeff

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM, David Mahfouda <da...@weeels.org> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

I'm having some difficulties firing up the Cartagen server, which I think are a result of not being able to specify that I'd like to use rails 2.3.8. I'm working on it.

In the meantime, can you recommend a method to acquire map data in a form the Cartagen client can render?

Thanks in advance-

David