Re: amqp.exceptions.AMQPError: Received frame type 1 while expecting type: 2

Scott Turnbull

Feb 21, 2013, 12:47:16 AM2/21/13
to carrot...@googlegroups.com
Bumping this in hopes someone has some insight.  The error itself seems to be thrown in the py-amqp library and I can't see a way to wrap it.

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:22:59 PM UTC-5, Scott Turnbull wrote:
I have a basic class that extends ConsumerMixins and testing it out.  It gives me a eventual

"amqp.exceptions.AMQPError: Received frame type 1 while expecting type: 2"

I read that occasionally you get back Binary streams that may cause this error but where can I catch it?  The stacktrace says it's happening on the .run() method and references only code internal to the library.

I wouldn't normally catch it and move in but in MQs this is a generally bad thing.  How is this normally handeld?

Thanks for any insight.

Ask Solem

Feb 21, 2013, 9:59:03 AM2/21/13
to carrot...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 5, 2013, at 9:22 PM, Scott Turnbull <stream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a basic class that extends ConsumerMixins and testing it out. It gives me a eventual
>
> "amqp.exceptions.AMQPError: Received frame type 1 while expecting type: 2"
>
> I read that occasionally you get back Binary streams that may cause this error but where can I catch it? The stacktrace says it's happening on the .run() method and references only code internal to the library.
>
> I wouldn't normally catch it and move in but in MQs this is a generally bad thing. How is this normally handeld?
>
> Thanks for any insight.

What's the full traceback?

Usually framing errors are caused by multiple threads writing to the same
socket (race conditions).

--
Ask Solem
twitter.com/asksol