Probably the key (*) has been removed from the Redis database. - Undestanding Kombu

Jevgenij Tsoi

Jul 25, 2014, 5:39:21 PM7/25/14
to carrot...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I am facinated by Kombu/RabbitMQ/Redis combo and think it is a real alternative to Kafka and similar solutions.

I am trying out the Producer pool example, but with a topic Exchange (http://kombu.readthedocs.org/en/latest/userguide/pools.html#the-producer-pool-group)
I get an error when using Redis as a transport:

Probably the key (....) has been removed from the Redis database.

Now, if I run the consumer first, I do not get this error, nor do I get this error with rabbitMQ transport. (with no consumer running)
Is this a bug or expected behavior, and if this is expected, why does it behave like this?

Thank you for awesome work on Celery, Kombu & Billiard!

/JT