having trouble with kombu documentation ConsumerMixin example

loki77

Apr 3, 2012, 3:42:47 PM4/3/12
to carrot-users
Hi, I'm trying to get a Consumer working using the ConsumerMixin
example from this page, though I am letting RabbitMQ name the queues:

http://ask.github.com/kombu/userguide/consumers.html

Here's the consumer code I am using:

http://dpaste.com/726415/

I have messages going into the queue with the 'blah.test' routing_key,
and can see them via RabbitMQ's management interface. For some
reason, however, my consumer never sees the messages - it never calls
self.on_message.

Thinking this might be a problem with the server or something else, I
wrote a similar consumer in puka and it seems to work fine - that
said, I'd really like to get kombu working just to get experience
playing with it.

Any ideas what I am missing in my Consumer code that is causing the
issue?

Thanks in advance!

loki77

Apr 5, 2012, 7:35:57 PM4/5/12
to carrot...@googlegroups.com
I actually figured this out - if a queue name is not given, then the Queue doesn't automatically attempt to bind the queue to the given exchange.  I submitted a pull request to try to fix this, but then realized that my patch would only work successfully with AMQP servers.  I'm hoping to get a chance to make this work for other servers as well soon.