Split PDF into multiple uploads

Felix Buenemann

Dec 13, 2012, 7:36:16 AM12/13/12
to carri...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I have the requirement to split uploaded pdf files into single pages and store each as a separate record, so they can be individually approved or deleted.

Currently I'm detecting the number of pages via ghostscript before I store the model and if I have more than 1 page, I split the attachment in an after_save callback.
However splitting from after_save is error prone and can lead to splitting the same file multiple times. I'm also splitting and processing in the background via a separate worker.

My first approach was to split via :process on the uploader, but I discarded it, because the processing hook was called for each version.

So, is there a way to have a processing hook on the uploader executed only once and not for each version? Also it shouldn't be called again on recreate_versions!
Message has been deleted

hope martha

Feb 6, 2020, 5:44:33 AM2/6/20
to carrierwave
You can manage the size of your PDF documents according to your choice. With the help of the Split PDF app, you can be splitting is easier. The procedure of splitting your files never take too much time. It’s user-friendly software. You can operate the software after following the few clicks.  The app has been to split PDF files as per pages. It helps you to customize the split process by selecting the number of pages you want to split at once. You can save the files at the existing files or you can save them at the desired locations.