Carol Marine's Painting a Day - "Emerging"

Carol Marine

Nov 13, 2008, 12:35:45 AM11/13/08
to carol-marines-a...@googlegroups.com

“Emerging” 6x6 in. – oil on canvas panel --- to bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350124994147

My blog: http://carolmarine.blogspot.com/

My website: www.carolmarine.com

My ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/carolmarine

My email: m...@carolmarine.com

I am thoroughly frustrated with Google Groups. They have maintained my email list for these last 2 years and now, within the last few weeks, the emails are not going out regularly. I have been doing research tonight, online, for hours but cannot figure out what the problem is, and cannot get any support from Google. Is anyone else having problems with Google Group emails not getting to everyone on your list reliably? I tried one more thing today - please let me know (again, sorry) if you are seeing this on my blog, but didn't get an email when you should have. Thank you thank you!!!

Oh yeah, and as for yesterday's post, I have gotten lots of emails asking WHY I didn't like the first (white) roses painting. First of all, the roses don't quite read as white ... more like brown? or pink? Second, the composition is pretty boring, and a bit awkward. Third, the light, while spectacular in real life, turned out looking a bit flat in this painting. The light was just a little behind the flowers, and really lit up that one flower up top, while just speckling the rest. As hard as I tried, I didn't capture that, and that's what impressed me about the scene in the first place. So there you go, my own critique. : )

-Carol Marine

image001.jpg