Convert Amber.prmtop to .psf for Carma input

Fulbabu

Feb 9, 2019, 2:01:56 PM2/9/19
to carma molecular dynamics
Dear All,
I have Amber MDEngine topology (prmtop) and coordinate (inpcrd) file and all the simulation trajectory (mdcrd) file.
From these files how can I get Carma input file like (psf and dcd)?
Please somebody give me some idea or script from that I get those file easily.

Thank in Advance
Fulbabu

Nicholas M. Glykos

Feb 9, 2019, 2:35:46 PM2/9/19
to Fulbabu, carma molecular dynamics

> I have Amber MDEngine topology (prmtop) and coordinate (inpcrd) file and
> all the simulation trajectory (mdcrd) file.
> From these files how can I get Carma input file like (psf and dcd)?
> Please somebody give me some idea or script from that I get those file
> easily.

Getting the .psf is easy but requires some editing. Using VMD it would go
like this :

vmd -dispdev text test.prmtop test.crd
set all [atomselect top all]
$all writepsf ionized.psf
quit

Then, edit the PSF with your favorite editor to add meaningful SEGIDs.

For converting the trajectory file, cpptraj appears to be able to do the
trick (haven't tested it myself).

--

Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,

Fulbabu

Feb 9, 2019, 3:06:34 PM2/9/19
to carma molecular dynamics
Is there any other way to use Carma directly from AMBER file (prmtop and mdcrd) ?

Nicholas M. Glykos

Feb 9, 2019, 3:08:46 PM2/9/19
to Fulbabu, carma molecular dynamics

> Is there any other way to use Carma directly from AMBER file (prmtop and
> mdcrd) ?

No. Carma can only read PSF/DCD files.

Fulbabu Sk

Feb 9, 2019, 3:10:14 PM2/9/19
to Nicholas M. Glykos, carma molecular dynamics
Got it.

Kind regards

Md Fulbabu Sk

Ph.D. Research Scholar
Discipline of BioSciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE)
Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IITI), India