Install Carma Widnows

Placido Rojas Franco

Mar 24, 2024, 2:37:12 PMMar 24
to carma molecular dynamics
Hello,  How can I Install Carma In Windows? for analysis  H-bond, RMS and Radious gyrus

Nicholas M. Glykos

Mar 24, 2024, 3:02:38 PMMar 24
to Placido Rojas Franco, carma molecular dynamics

> Hello, How can I Install Carma In Windows? for analysis H-bond, RMS and
> Radious gyrus

The best solution if you have windows 11 is to install WSL as described in

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install

Once you have WSL installed, everything is the same with installing
carma/grcarma on a linux machine (described in the section "Fast
installation for Linux machines" in https://utopia.duth.gr/glykos/Carma.html).
See https://nmglykos.blogspot.com/2023/05/the-joy-of-wsl2.html for a
screenshot of a win 11 machine with carma/grcarma/stride/rasmol/evince/...
all running.

If you must have a native windows built, then follow the instructions in the
section "Traditional download and install" from https://utopia.duth.gr/glykos/Carma.html
If you go that way, note the following : these are old executables (v.1.7)
for which some carma/grcarma features will not work. Those things that do not work,
will remain that way : v.1.7 of carma/grcarma was the last supporting native
windows builds and development for this version is frozen since 2017.

--

           Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,