CareerCamp SFV (San Fernando Valley) Information

Jennifer Oliver O'Connell

Aug 3, 2011, 7:21:01 PM8/3/11
to megan....@lacity.org
Megan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon about our Career Event happening on September 24, 2011. We welcome Councilmember Mitchell Englander's support and sponsorship of this Event.

CareerCampSFV is an all-day conference designed to help those who are unemployed, underemployed, or those who desire to maximize their career.  CareerCamp's goal is to help others “Build the Career You Deserve”. Our last CareerCamp was held in July, in the Santa Clarita Valley. We saw over 100 participants come throughout the day, and we are expecting even more at this San Fernando Valley event! Attendees will come from all over the Valley, LA city, and different counties in the Southern California region.

The mission of our Event is to provide tools, resources and practical advice to help the attendees move their careers and financial lives forward. In these tough economic times, people need solid advice on how to present their best skills and abilities to employers and clients. This is a benefit to the community-at-large, and we look forward to Councilmember Englander (or a designated representative) stopping by to meet the co-chairs and co-mingle with the participants.

We also welcome support in the form of inclusion and dissemination of CareerCampSFV information in the region's newsletter, website, and any other marketing material that informs the constituents of District 12 and the Valley-at-large.

Here are the links to both the CareerCampSFV site (careercampsfv.wordpress.com) and the CareerCamp International site (careercamp.wordpress.com). Please contact me directly if you have any questions or need additional information. I can be reached at (323) 841-0769. Or you can contact us at the CareerCamp number of (818) 804-5049.

Once again, thank you for your time!

Best Regards,

Jennifer Oliver O'Connell