Job Board/Sponsor wall

1 view

Douglas E. Welch

Sep 14, 2011, 4:42:33 AM9/14/11
to career...@googlegroups.com
I think I have the best way of linking to the jobs from this job wall for now.

PowerPoint Deck

In PowerPoint deck, create a slide for each job and each sponsor which rotate throughout the event
On the job pages, list a URL like jobs.careercampinternational.org (I can create that at my end)
This links to a shared, view only Google Doc containing all of the jobs

You can download the PPT from the Google Docs link I sent earlier. We are not using Google Presentation for this, it is just a place for me to stash the file so you can easily download it.

Google Docs

Using Google Docs, I can automatically build a Table of Contents at the top of the document that will then allow users to link to the individual job listing they might be interested in.
In the future, we could probably have individual links for each job, but I am trying to keep it a bit simple this time around.

So, Jennifer, I will send you the Powerpoint deck so you can start to include your jobs and sponsor logos
I will create the Google Doc right now and set up the subdomain (jobs.careercampinternational.org) to point to that doc and then prepare to share that doc publicly.
Once you get the PP deck you will see how I was entering the title, company and basic description of the jobs
Once they are entered there, please enter the complete information in the Google Doc or send them to me and I will enter and format them there.

Does that sound workable? I will bring a laptop and 17 inch monitor for running this wall. A projector would be better, but I am not sure we have one available. Additionally, we should probably run it on the screen in the Sanctuary between sessions there.

If anyone has a source for job listings in digital format which we could include on the wall, please forward them along and we will add them to the PPT and document.

DEW

--
Douglas E. Welch
"Helping with all your technology and New Media needs"

Find career opportunities from around the US at jobs.welchwrite.com