CareerCampSCV (Santa Clarita Valley) is happening July 10, 2010!

Douglas E. Welch

Jun 29, 2010, 11:12:12 AM6/29/10
to welch...@googlegroups.com, care...@googlegroups.com

Free Career Event at University Center

(Valencia, CA) The Career Center at College of the Canyons is hosting CareerCampSCV at the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center on July 10, 2010 from 9am to 3:30 pm.

CareerCampSCV is a FREE hybrid conference/unconference dedicated to helping attendees build the career they deserve. Speaker topics include Ace the Interview, Business Etiquette, Skill Evaluation, the Resume Process, Marketing Planning, 10 Things to Do While You Are Looking, Your Career Compass, and much more

The day will include scheduled speakers, ad hoc presentations and breakout sessions on all aspects of building a great career. CareerCampSCV is FREE for all adults who want to build or improve their career.

Co-Chair Anthony Michaelides, Career Services and Job Placement Director at CoC, explains, "This fits the mission of our new University Center perfectly. We want to reach out to adults in our community for career support, especially candidates for our four year and post graduate degree programs."

Volunteers and merchants in Santa Clarita are joining hands. This is neighbors helping neighbors. This is not a job fair, however the WorkSource office at the University Center will be open. CareerCampSCV is all about building contacts and working together as a community.

The University Center is located at 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita. We encourage all adults who are out of work or under-employed to register and to tell their friends. There is no cost to attend and parking is free, too.

Space is limited and we expect a capacity turn out. For more details or to register, please visit: http://careercampscv.wordpress.com. Come to learn, network and share.

###

CareerCampSCV Event Highlights

What:          CareerCampSCV

A FREE hybrid conference/unconference dedicated to helping you build the career you deserve. The day will include scheduled speakers, ad hoc presentations and breakout sessions on all aspects of building your career.

When:          July 10, 2010 • 9am to 3:30pm

Where:          Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center

                         Second Floor

                         26455 Rockwell Canyon Road

                        Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Cost:   FREE

How:  Register online:

                            http://careercampscv.wordpress.com

        Limited to the first 200 registrants.

Why:  To help Santa Clarita adults with career search, learn new job hunting skill, share what they know, build contacts, and expand networking opportunities.

--
Web: http://DouglasEWelch.com
Email: m...@douglasewelch.com