comments

Helmering, Paul

May 20, 2014, 5:58:17 AM5/20/14
to cardiolog...@googlegroups.com

Here are a couple comments to submit.

·         OMOP as a data structure supporting direct submission would be a great direction and very valuable, but it would require all users to implement a new data structure (and at this point a custom data warehouse as we’ve built), which is complex and costly to implement, and that for most providers it would be an unacceptable burden

·         Direct submission from an EHR would require vendors to provide that functionality, would that be accepted?

·         Is the recommendation also proposing CDA as an alternative to HL7, allowed to be submitted via XML (it wasn’t listed as a change but I didn’t know that option existed, although I’m not that close to the details of the implementation details)?  That would be a good direction.

Thank you.

Paul Helmering

Vice President

Technology, Information, & Business Solutions

cid:image001.jpg@01CBC2CD.75ADA6B0

645 Maryville Centre Drive, Suite 200  St. Louis, MO  63141

O: 314-364-6555  C: 314-413-6670  Email: paul.he...@roiscs.com

GLN:  0326053000003cid:image002.jpg@01CBC2CD.75ADA6B0

This email contains information which may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE and is intended only for the use of the addresses(s) named above.  If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately.