Re: The Ruling of Giving Reminders In Between The Units of The Taraweeh Prayer | Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree

Cardiff Dawah

Jul 12, 2014, 10:59:20 AM7/12/14
to cardif...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 11, 2014 9:46 AM, "Maher ibn Ahmad Attiyeh al-Maqdisi" <mahera...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu 'ala rasulullaah
Amm-ba'd

The Ruling of Giving Reminders In Between The Units of The Taraweeh Prayer | Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree

Questioner: What is the ruling on giving reminders in between the units of the taraweeh prayer without doing it continuously?

Shaykh 'Ubayd ibn 'Abdullaah al-Jaabiree (hafidhahullaah 'ala as-Sunnah) answered: "This is not from the actions of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) nor from the actions of his Caplihs, nor from the actions of the Imaams who followed them in goodness. Therefore, it is from the newly invented [innovations, bid'ah]."

Translated by: Salaah al-'Iraanee (jazahu Allaahu khairan)

- Allaah, The Most High, said (what means): And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). (Adh-Dhariyat, ayah 56)
- Allaah, The Most High, said (what means): And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad, (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam)) after the right path has been shown clearly to him - and follows other than the believers' way - We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination. (An-Nisa`, ayah 115)
- The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "Hold firmly to my Sunnah (example) and the Sunnah of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs after me. Hold o­nto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented affairs, since every newly invented affair is a bid'ah, and every bid'ah is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Fire." [Ahmad (4/126), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676), al-Haakim (1/96) and by al-Baghawee in Sharhus-Sunnah (1/105)]
- Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) told his daughter Fatimah: "...I am a blessed Salaf for you." (Bukhari, Muslim)
- "Adhere to the narrations of the Salaf (the Prophet and Sahaaba), even if the people were to abandon you. And beware of the opinions of people, no matter how much they beautify it with speech." - Imaam al-Awzaa'ee [d. 157H, rahimahullaah]
- Abu Hanifah [d.150H, rahimahullaah] said: "Stick to the narrations and the way of the Salaf, and beware of newly invented matters, for all of it is innovation." [as-Suyooti]
- 'Abdullaah bin 'Umar (radiallaahu 'anhumma) said: "Every bid'ah (religious innovation) is misguidance, even if people think it is good." [Al-Lalikaii in Sharh Usul Itiqad Ahl Al-Sunnah wa Al-Jama'ah Vol 1. P134, no.111]
- Allaah's Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "I have left you upon clear proof, its night is like its day. No one deviates from it except one who is destroyed, and whoever lives (long) from amongst you will see great controversy. So stick to what you know from my Sunnah (his 'Aqeedah, Manhaj, manner of worship, character...) and the Sunnah of the rightly-guided caliphs after me. Cling to that with your molar teeth, and stick to obedience even if it is to an Abyssinian slave, since the believer is like the submissive camel - wherever he is led (with the Qur`aan and Sunnah), he follows." [Ahmad]
- Ahmad ibn Hanbal [d.241H, rahimahullaah] said: "The Fundamental Principles of the Sunnah with us are: Holding fast to what the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) were upon. And taking them (and their way) as a model to be followed. And the abandonment of (religious) innovations, and every innovation is misguidance." [Usool as-Sunnah]
- Every issue of aqeedah (creed), 'ibaadah (worship) or manhaj (methodology) which the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah has not provided a text for - and upon which the Companions never agreed upon - is falsehood, vain and innovated.