CAR-PGa NEWSLETTER, Vol. 33, No. 4, April 2024

Mike "Talien" Tresca

Apr 3, 2024, 3:40:45 PMApr 3
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games

Thank you once again for voting for our board. We had the highest voting participation to date, which is a great sign of the health of our organization. Our guest this month was Steven L. Dashiell, Ph.D. Steven is a researcher and scholar whose work explores the nature of discourses in male-dominated subcultures and how these shape player experiences in RPGs. With a focus on masculinity and gender dynamics, Dashiell’s research contributes to a growing body of scholarship examining the intersections of identity, culture, and gameplay. His recent publications include articles in the International Journal of Role-Playing and The Journal of Men’s Studies, as well as contributions to Analog Game Studies. You can view the video of our discussion here.

0324carpgathumbnail.jpg