CAR-PGa NEWSLETTER, Vol. 32, No. 7, July 2023

Mike "Talien" Tresca

Aug 29, 2023, 7:48:24 PM8/29/23
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games
https://car-pga.org/2023/08/29/car-pga-newsletter-vol-32-no-7-july-2023/

nickproctor.jpg

Our guest this month was Nicolas W. Proctor. After completing his B.A. in history from Hendrix College, Nick Proctor received an M.A. in Diplomacy and International Relations from the University of Kentucky, as well as an M.A. and Ph.D. in American history from Emory University. He is now a Professor of History at Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, where he has served as department chair and director of the first-year program. After completing a traditional historical monograph, he reoriented his research to fit the needs of a teaching institution and focused on writing historical role-playing games for the Reacting to the Past series. To help game authors in the series, he wrote a Game Designer’s Handbook and served as chair of the Reacting Consortium’s editorial board. He now serves as the Executive Director of the Reacting Consortium. You can view our discussion on our YouTube channel.