Project acceptance

Will Anderson

Sep 9, 2013, 11:24:43 AM9/9/13
to capybara-...@googlegroups.com
Good morning everyone,
There are a couple stories queued up in the Pivotal Tracker project for capybara-accessible (http://bit.ly/1855tf9). How should we go about their acceptance?

As a product person, I would want to verify that tests are appropriately passing/failing/running on a controlled environment where we understand what is expected to pass or fail with each capybara-accessible improvement. We don't have that, at the moment, so we've been relying on running the gem updates on our local projects.

Does that local acceptance feel good enough for the group or should we invest in a simple site on which to run acceptance testing?

Regards,
Will

Cameron Cundiff

Sep 9, 2013, 11:30:37 AM9/9/13
to capybara-...@googlegroups.com
We've seen more than one regression when testing locally only, so that needs improvement.

It may make sense to investigate how other gem maintainers integration test the actual installation process.

Will Anderson

Sep 9, 2013, 11:35:11 AM9/9/13
to capybara-...@googlegroups.com
In addition to the technical side of acceptance, who should do the acceptance for the stories that are being completed?
--
Mobile: 917-330-9016

Cameron Cundiff

Sep 9, 2013, 12:15:07 PM9/9/13
to capybara-...@googlegroups.com
We may want to do internal pull requests with mini code reviews to get merge signoff. That would be a good time to do acceptance on technical stories.