need an update

1 view

Monica

Jul 6, 2009, 12:25:50 AM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun
As the Admiral and half owner of Savannah, I'm politely requesting an
update from Capt & crew :) I have the Coast Guard on speed
dial...don't make me use it...

Ishya Silpikul

Jul 6, 2009, 1:17:42 AM7/6/09
to mlmul...@yahoo.com, captbobso...@googlegroups.com
Monica,

I too am concerned.  Last position update was 11am yesterday.  I don't know whom to contact for info.

Ishya Silpikul (partner of Brad Greene)
206-992-2681

Monica

Jul 6, 2009, 1:30:20 AM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun
I'm sure they're fine. If my experience is any indication (lots of
navy deployments and no phone calls), 4 guys on a boat...thier last
thought is to make sure we all know they're OK. It's probably an
indication of them having a very good time. We'll probably hear
something late tonight or tomorrow. Then we'll worry ;)

On Jul 5, 10:17 pm, Ishya Silpikul <ish...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Monica,
>
> I too am concerned.  Last position update was 11am yesterday.  I don't know
> whom to contact for info.
>
> Ishya Silpikul (partner of Brad Greene)
> 206-992-2681

rong

Jul 6, 2009, 9:44:34 AM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun

Anyone heard anything yet?

Brother of Brad Greene.

os...@aol.com

Jul 6, 2009, 10:15:53 AM7/6/09
to captbobso...@googlegroups.com

From what I remember they had a sat phone, and there was a ham radio on board.  If they needed help then there are plenty of ways to call out for it.  I would not worry at this point.
When is there first "on time" port of call date? and when is there "running late" port of call date?

Monica

Jul 6, 2009, 10:59:25 AM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun
Yes, they have a sat phone and lots of other safety devices and ways
to get help. They said 7-10 days...I'm guessing more like 10 from the
initial progress they were making. So that would be Thursday - Sunday
of this week? Andy said they may stop into Catalina island but that
would still be around the 5-7 day mark.

On Jul 6, 7:15 am, o...@aol.com wrote:
>  From what I remember they had a sat phone, and there was a ham radio on board.? If they needed help then there are plenty of ways to call out for it.? I would not worry at this point.?
> When is there first "on time" port of call date? and when is there "running late" port of call date?

lesr...@aol.com

Jul 6, 2009, 1:16:26 PM7/6/09
to captbobso...@googlegroups.com
My name is Lester Roberts , I own the web site ,www. AluminumAlloyBoats.com and we are following their trip also . Do you have a SAT. phone number for the boat ?

Jul 6, 2009, 2:24:58 PM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun
No disrespect ment toward the crew, but I know my son. If he had to he
could and would swim ashore with them in tow. They'll be ok untill
they come ashore, then I'm not so sure!!

USCG Seattle

Jul 6, 2009, 3:17:27 PM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun

This is the Coast Guard Rescue Coordination Center in Seattle. We are
interested in whatever information any of you can provide about
emergency equipment (EPIRBs, etc) onboard the vessel, as well as the
number to their satellite phone. Also a detailed description of the
vessel (colors, etc) would be helpful.

Monica, as co-owner, we have sent you a direct email separate from
this post.

Please contact us directly at d13cc(at)uscg.mil, or 206-220-7001.

Thank you --

os...@aol.com

Jul 6, 2009, 6:01:08 PM7/6/09
to captbobso...@googlegroups.com
here is a map and the lat long of check in locations
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/data/1246734644-06790-24.107.233.208.html
Check in locations using Spot locator.
date-time,latitude,longitude
6/27/09,47.6202,-122.5223
7/2/09,47.8299,-122.4753
07/02/2009 19:41:55,48.2601,-123.8947
07/03/2009 07:01:04,47.8646,-124.9429
07/03/2009 19:02:55,46.5772,-124.9207
07/04/2009 06:45:21,45.3931,-125.0107
07/04/2009 10:55:25,44.991,-125.0756

Jul 6, 2009, 7:47:29 PM7/6/09
to captbobsoffshorefun
For all following.... the Coast Guard called me and they have no
reason to believe there is anything wrong. The SPOT device could have
easily had trouble locating a satallite and there's no way Bob or any
of the others would know. They're probably merrily sailing and
possibly fishing thinking they're doing their duty and sending updates
daily. I've given them the information they requested and they have a
call out to Savannah. More than likely, they're too far offshore to
receive the call or they're not monitoring that particular channel.
If for some reason they learn of something that would change their
view, they'll let me know. They also said the weather is nice and
calm in that direction so that shouldn't be a concern.

On Jul 6, 3:01 pm, o...@aol.com wrote:
> here is a map and the lat long of check in locationshttp://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/data/1246734644-06790-24.107.233...
>
> Check in locations using Spot locator.
>
> date-time,latitude,longitude