OAuth 2.0 Access Token Default Expiration

lee egino

Mar 25, 2019, 5:22:00 AM3/25/19
to Capsule API
Hello, I just want to ask if how long does the Access Token expired with the default value.

Its been 3 days now and my access token is still valid.

Thank you in advance for response. :)

Michael Josephson

Mar 25, 2019, 5:55:20 AM3/25/19
to Capsule API
Hi there Lee!

For access tokens generated using the OAuth 2 flow, these currently expire and will need to be renewed after 7 days. However this is something that may be adjusted in the future so instead of relying on a fixed value it's best to check the expires_in time on the token response, which indicates number of seconds until the token expires.

For personal access tokens added via My Preferences → API Authentication Tokens, these have an expiry date set far in the future and can be treated as if they don't expire.

Cheers!

Michael