Capsule API integration queries

acco...@sdcproject.com

Nov 26, 2018, 4:26:26 AM11/26/18
to Capsule API
Hi there,

I am currently using the Capsule API Documentation available on your website to integrate Capsule with Power BI. We have 1000 opportunities on our Capsule site and wish to combine these opportunities with other data sets and model the data on Power BI, with the model automatically pulling data from capsule and refreshing without human interaction.

We have got to the point where we have Power BI calling the data using the API from Capsule, and automatically refreshing. However we are only able to pull 500 at a time, so are currently having to pull page 1 and page 2 and combining these two. Is there any way to pull both pages or more than 500 at a time using the API? Am currently using ?perPage=10000 but it still will only pull 500. Alternatively is there any way to pull both pages at once or a similar method to get all of the data at once?

We are also encountering and issue where all of our customer columns are not showing in the dataset that we are pulling. How do we go about getting all of these columns, that are on the Capsule Website, to the data set?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Tom Bell

Nov 26, 2018, 4:53:50 AM11/26/18
to Capsule API
Hello,

For the first part, you will need to make multiple requests to pull the full dataset, using pagination (as detailed at the bottom of this page https://developer.capsulecrm.com/v2/overview/reading-from-the-api)

Which specific fields are missing from the API responses?

Thanks,
Tom - Capsule

acco...@sdcproject.com

Nov 27, 2018, 8:09:00 AM11/27/18
to Capsule API
Hi Tom,

Thanks, am looking into pagination now.

In regards to the fields missing from the API response, we have several custom columns that are not being pulled to the dataset, such as a probability column and value column. All up I think there is about 30 columns on capsule which I want to pull and its only currently giving me 15.

Tom Bell

Nov 27, 2018, 8:12:15 AM11/27/18
to Capsule API
Hi,

Custom fields will be in the "fields" property on the object. As for probability and value they should be in the response on the opportunity object as per the docs (https://developer.capsulecrm.com/v2/operations/Opportunity)

Tom