interested in a dart port

Matt Ho

Jan 22, 2020, 12:05:43 AM1/22/20
to Cap'n Proto
Hi there, I was reading through Cap'n Proto and it seems perfect for my use case. I looked around and was interested in writing a dart port if no one else has picked up the mantle.  Would love any advise in getting started.

Kenton Varda

Feb 4, 2020, 4:49:46 PM2/4/20
to Matt Ho, Cap'n Proto
Hi Matt!

Sorry for the slow reply, I was travelling.

That sounds great! I don't recall anyone working on a Dart port.

I don't know very much about Dart, but my impression is that a Dart implementation of Cap'n Proto is likely to have a lot of similarities with the Java implementation. It might make sense to study how the Java implementation works for reference.

-Kenton

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:05 PM Matt Ho <mat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there, I was reading through Cap'n Proto and it seems perfect for my use case. I looked around and was interested in writing a dart port if no one else has picked up the mantle.  Would love any advise in getting started.

Jonas Wanke

Dec 2, 2020, 11:34:40 AM12/2/20
to Cap'n Proto
Hi everyone!

I've recently been looking for Dart implementations of Cap'n Proto, but couldn't find any, and only found this thread just now.

In the past two days, I've implemented a simple (very limited) decoder: https://pub.dev/packages/capnproto. I probably won't have the time to make it a feature-complete port any time soon, but am open to external contributions!