FW: [TAAS_Talk] Re: STARLINK TRAIN B VIDEO - MAY 25, 2019 AT 22:22 LOCAL

Francois-Marie Patorni

May 26, 2019, 2:21:06 PM5/26/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com, LEE FINN

You must see this! While we still have a sky …

Scroll down and click on the link for the video.

FM

From: <taas...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of rqfugate <rqfu...@comcast.net>
Date: Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM
To: TAAS_Talk <taas...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [TAAS_Talk] Re: STARLINK TRAIN B VIDEO - MAY 25, 2019 AT 22:22 LOCAL

Starlink star chart Albuquerque May 26_2019 9_35 pm.png

For those near Albuquerque and interested in viewing these sats for yourself, there is a nearly overhead pass tonight May 26, 2019 starting at 9:35 pm, transits at 9:40:52 nearly overhead and sets in the northeast at 45 deg Azimuth at 9:46. I have attached an annotated Starchart.

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 12:08:28 AM UTC-6, rqfugate wrote:

STARLINK TRAIN B MAY 25, 2019, ALBUQUERQUE, NM

I shot some video in my backyard in the NE Heights of Albuquerque of the new Starlink Satellites.  Time was 22:22 Local (08:22 UTC). I was pointing just below the Big dipper but missed getting the train in the center. Tried to get them going across the diagonal of the sensor.

Shot in strong light pollution (SQM 19.5) - trains visible in binoculars but not the unaided eye in this pollution. Camera: Nikon D850 1/30 sec at 30 fps, ISO 25,600. Lens: Sigma 105mm F1.4 at 1.4.  Video straight out of the camera.

It was so strange seeing these dots marching across the sky - quite the experience. What is shown in the video is only about half of the satellites. Train B is leading Train A a couple of minutes.

Video too big to post here but you can see it on my website at the following URL:

https://www.rqfphoto.com/Astrophotography/STARLINK-TRAIN-B-MAY-25-2019/

Bob Fugate

PS - I think the blinking lights are hot pixels.