Need to run arb commands on command line

brentgc...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 8:44:38 AM12/6/17
to Capistrano
Versions:
  • Ruby : ruby 2.1.5p273
  • Capistrano : Capistrano Version: 3.10.0 (Rake Version: 10.3.2)
Good day Guys

I just upgraded my capistrano one of the features that I used quite a bit was the "invoke COMMAND=   " to do arb tasks on my servers.

I see thats gone.

How does one execute arb commands across servers without having to create a new task.

Many thanks

Brent

Lee Hambley

Dec 6, 2017, 8:47:33 AM12/6/17
to Capistrano
You can quite easily replicate that with something like:

task :invoke_mine do
   on roles(:demo), in: :parallel do |host|
       execute ENV["COMMAND"]
   end
end

It was dropped because it was seldom used as far as we know. I think you might be the first person in ~4yrs to ask about it.