Hiring Experienced Ruby on Rails Developers

Dave Ungerer

Aug 11, 2016, 6:32:09 AM8/11/16
to Cape Town Ruby Brigade
Hey everyone

We're looking for experienced Rails developers to complement our team of young, bright devs.  I myself have used Rails for 7 years (no regrets, but wow, that's a long time!).  I can no longer dedicate as much time to development as I used to.

We develop on OS X (or Linux if you prefer!), deploy to AWS (Linux).  DB is PostgreSQL.  We use the latest Ruby (2.3) and will be upgrading from Rails 4.2 to 5.0 soon (perhaps you can help?)

The work is relatively back-end heavy at the moment, but we won't say no to mad front-end skills, they'll come in handy eventually - in fact, our front-end is in need of some TLC and we really need to work on a responsive design.

Our company is entering a new growth phase.  We're currently in 3 markets: South Africa (www.simplepay.co.za), Singapore (www.simplepay.com.sg) and Ireland (www.simplepay.ie), but can't launch any more until we've grown the team substantially.  Our mission is to delight business owners around the world with software so effective it seems magical.  Check out one of the explainer videos on aforementioned websites.

Salary on offer is R480k to R720k per year depending on experience.

We have cool offices in Gardens, Cape Town.

Please get in touch with me directly if you're interested, or pass it along if you know of someone:
[my first name] at simplepay.co.za
082 591 6191

Thanks for your time.

Dave