2023 legislation TELL THEM ON TUESDAY co-sign bills

Diane TURCO

Mar 7, 2023, 11:42:37 AM3/7/23
to cape-dow...@googlegroups.com, boston-do...@googlegroups.com, madown...@googlegroups.com, pilgrim-coa...@googlegroups.com, capeco...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Attached is the list of Cape Downwinders priority legislation at the MA state house this session. We are asking our legislators to co-sponsor four bills.

FIRST:  Two bills, SD1721 and HD256, are a house/senate version of Senator Moran's commission to study the economic and environmental impacts of Holtec's planned dumping of radioactive water into Cape Cod Bay. The study would halt Holtec for two years and needs to move fast because DUMPING IS STILL HOLTEC'S PLAN!  THIS IS THE TOP PRIORITY BILL.

SD216 would provide state emergency planning zone (EPZ) around the spent fuel waste storage area at Pilgrim. Currently, the EPZ is to the fence around the cans holding the high level nuclear waste.  Currently, this most dangerous substance  known to humankind and to be buried to isolate from the environment for tens of thousands of years is just a temporary inconvenience.

SD1386 would provide real-time monitoring of the inadequate dry casks rather than monitors out in the environment where detection of leaks is too late.

As of today, all the bills have docket numbers, Sentate Docket (SD) or House Docket (HD), that will become another number as a Bill when assigned to a Committee. That should happen within the month and an update with committee assignments will be shared.

So, right now, we ask you call your state rep and state senator today to cosponsor.....(see attached with links to the bills)

Rep. Dylan Fernandes dylan.f...@mahouse.gov  617.722.0213
Rep. David Vieira david....@mahouse.gov  617.722.2230
Rep. Christopher Flanagan  christophe...@mahouse.gov   617.722.2000
Rep. Sarah Peake  sarah...@mahouse.gov  617.722.2040
Senator Julian Cyr julia...@masenate.gov 617.722.1570
Senator Susan Moran susan...@masenate.gov  617.722.1330

Contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you all for protecting our communities.
Save the Date of Monday, March 27 for the next NDCAP meeting and come tell Holtec no dumping.
Diane
2023-24 March legislation.pdf
Water is life March 27 .pdf