State sues Holtec for contaminating workers/public/environment with asbestos

Diane TURCO

Feb 16, 2024, 6:47:19 AMFeb 16
to cape-dow...@googlegroups.com, boston-do...@googlegroups.com, madown...@googlegroups.com, pilgrim-coa...@googlegroups.com, capeco...@googlegroups.com
Linked is the Christine Legere of the Provincetown Independent article on Holtec's damaging management of asbestos. We know Holtec will do sloppy, cheap, and dangerous work, so the state has finally caught them. Thank you to AG Campbell for holding Holtec accountable.
But where was the Licensed Site Professional named in the Settlement Agreement working on site who is supposed to oversee the decom? The public and workers should never be put in jeopardy but that is not the Holtec business model and we know it. Halt Holtec!
Diane

LICENSED SITE PROFESSIONAL:
Licensed Site Professional and LSP each means a hazardous waste site cleanup professional, as defined in M.G.L. c. 21A, § 19, holding a valid license issued by the Board of Registration of Hazardous Waste Site Cleanup Professionals pursuant to M.G.L. c. 21A, §§ 19 through 19J.