Fwd: CSTM Summer 2024 Opportunites

Margaret McIntyre

Apr 28, 2024, 5:29:03 PMApr 28
to capc...@googlegroups.com
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: BC CSTM Admissions <cstm...@bc.edu>
Date: Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:05 AM
Subject: CSTM Summer 2024 Opportunites
To: <capc...@capuchin.com>

Ministerial development opportunities.
Image

Greetings from Boston College!

Our summer courses can either be taken for ministerial development or can count toward a degree program. For example, our hybrid M.A. in theology and ministry, which is offered on either a 36- or 48-credit track, can be completed through a combination of in-person courses during the summer and online courses during the academic year.

We look forward to welcoming our first cohort of students for our new post-masters certificate program, Courage to Preach. Courage to Preach will help participants build confidence and skills in biblical study, preaching, public speaking, and digital media, with a specific focus on issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We have additional scholarships funds available for the inaugural cohort of Courage to Preach.

Financial aid and affordable on-campus housing are available.

Courses and Programs

Ministerial Development Opportunities

Intensive on the 19th Annotation of Spiritual Exercises for Spiritual Directors

Kevin O'Brien, S.J. and Tomeu Estelrich
Online
July 15 – 19, 2024
9:00am – 1:00pm ET

Courage to Preach: A Post-Master's Certificate
In-person
July 15 – 26, 2024
9:00am – 11:45am ET and 1:30pm – 4:00pm ET

Modules and Special One-Week Courses

Anti-racist Ministry in a Catholic Context

Clarissa Aljentera, Director of Education for Justice, Ignatian Solidarity Network
Online, synchronous
June 24 – 27, 2024

6:00pm – 9:00 pm ET

From the Synod to Synodality: Cultivating Co-responsibility for Mission
Maureen O'Connell, Professor of Christian Ethics, La Salle University, and Director of Synod and Higher Education Engagement, Discerning Deacons

Bernadette Rudolph, Cranaleith Spiritual Center
Online, synchronous
July 22 – July 25, 2024
6:00pm – 9:00 pm ET

Three-Credit Courses

Session 1 (May 16 – June 21, 2024)

Theological Anthropology
Dominic F. Doyle, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology
Online, asynchronous

Session 2 (June 24 – July 12, 2024)
All session 2 courses will be offered in-person at Boston College from 9:00am –12:00pm ET, Mondays through Thursdays. No class on July 4.

Theological Foundations in Practical Perspective
Paul D. Melley, Assistant Professor of Theology, Providence College

Spiritual Sources of Catholic Education
Hosffman Ospino, Professor of Hispanic Ministry and Religious Education

U.S. Latinx Theologies
Benjamin Valentin, Professor of Theology and Latinx Studies

Session 3 (July 15 – August 2, 2024)

Church in Context
Susan Bigelow Reynolds, Assistant Professor of Catholic Studies, Candler School of Theology, Emory University
Online, synchronous (Zoom)
6:00pm – 9:00pm ET

Spirituality of Thomas Merton for Today: On Racism, Violence, and Justice
Daniel Horan, O.F.M., Director of the Center for Spirituality and Professor, St. Mary's University
Online, synchronous (Zoom)
6:00pm – 9:00pm ET

Language Courses

Introductory Latin: Summer Intensive

Franklin T. Harkins, Professor of Historical Theology
Online synchronous
May 16 – June 21 (Monday – Friday)
9:00 am – 12:00 pm ET

For a full list of summer courses and programs, check out our Summer at CSTM website

If you have questions, feel free to contact us at stm...@bc.edu or 617-552-6506.

Connect with us

FacebookInstagramTwitter
Image

Clough School of Theology and Ministry

Simboli Hall

140 Commonwealth Avenue

Chestnut Hill, MA 02467

bc.edu/stm

This email was sent to capc...@capuchin.com by BC CSTM Admissions.
Unsubscribe from School of Theology and Ministry Emails.