Fwd: Franciscans @ the Moral March

1 view

Margaret McIntyre

Jun 17, 2022, 9:33:09 AM6/17/22
to capc...@googlegroups.com
Here's some information about the Poor People's March in DC tomorrow. There's logistic information attached that may be helpful for anyone attending.
Peace,
Margaret

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We are now just a few days away from the Poor People's Campaign Moral March on Washington.

This important fusion movement carrying on the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is at a critical moment. The more people we can have at the march on Saturday, June 18th, the more of a message it sends to the White House and our nation that we believe the voices of the poor and low-wage workers must be heard.

I'd like to invite you and your community to join us on Saturday, especially for a Catholic prayer service at 9am outside St. Patrick's Catholic Church in DC (more info in the attached PDF).

We are especially looking for a friar interested in being one of the readers for the prayer service. If you are interested, please let me know.

If you can't join us, please commit to praying with and for us on Saturday morning.

Peace and all good,
-Toby Harkleroad
Tobias Harkleroad, OFS
Director of Campaigns
 Franciscan Action Network

🤎 Join our community of Franciscan Hearts by offering a monthly recurring donation! 🤎
Moral March Information UPDATED.pdf