October 2013 Columbia Meeting Discussion

瀏覽次數:4 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Mike Erdely

未讀,
2013年10月2日 上午9:34:312013/10/2
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All,

This month's meeting falls on Halloween. Or, well, it might.
Personally, without kids, I don't care about Halloween and it's better
for me to be out anyway. But, if any of you want to attend CapBUG
this month and want to or need to go out Trick or Treating with kids,
we could move the meeting to another night. If there's any desire to
do that, I nominate the 29th.

What would you guys like to discuss this month? We could talk about
network monitoring best practices. I'm currently migrating from a
Nagios system that's being abandoned to an Icinga system (basically a
drop-in replacement).

Or, we could have Sid talk about the filesystem Google of Code project
he was going to in September. Or both. Or something else altogether.

Come on, guys! Let's get CapBUG more active again!

-ME

Nick Hasser

未讀,
2013年10月2日 中午12:05:172013/10/2
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to see a presentation on monitoring best practices, or even just everyone chatting about it. It's been almost three years since I've done anything with it (was using Nagios at the time) and I'm interested in seeing where things are now and what folks are doing. The only caveat is that I'm not moving back until mid-November. Don't not talk about it this month just because of me, though.

Nick

-ME

Jason Crawford

未讀,
2013年10月2日 中午12:58:482013/10/2
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com

Moving to Tuesday is only way I can make it this month.

Mike Erdely

未讀,
2013年10月2日 下午1:24:012013/10/2
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
Dude, for you, we'll wait until next month.

We can find something else for nobody to show up for this month.

-ME

Mike Erdely

未讀,
2013年10月15日 上午10:34:452013/10/15
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
So, so far we have one vote for Tuesday. And one vote for postponing
a talk about monitoring for next month.

Any other feedback on topics and dates?

-ME

Johan Huldtgren

未讀,
2013年10月17日 上午9:16:232013/10/17
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
I'm mostly indifferent regarding the date, a minor
concern is that traffic tends to be especially bad on
Halloween on account of parents rushing home to trick
or treat. As Gareth pointed out our November meeting
falls on Thanksgiving and the December one falls on
the day after xmas, so just postponing until next month
won't do us much good, we'll have to reschedule the
next three meetings. I'm open to Tuesday or just pushing
it out two weeks and saying our "October/November" meeting
is in mid November.

.jh

Mike Erdely

未讀,
2013年10月17日 上午9:19:292013/10/17
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
How about scheduling this month's meeting for the Tuesday (topic anyone?).

Then, let's do what we've done in the past and have a mid-December or something.

-ME

Jason Crawford

未讀,
2013年10月17日 上午9:23:092013/10/17
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com

I'm game for Tuesday this month and mid December for a November/December meeting.

Johan Huldtgren

未讀,
2013年10月17日 上午9:35:202013/10/17
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
Tuesday works for me, I don't have any topics
in mind ... between moving and remodelling I'm
all sorts of lost these days.

.jh

Mike Erdely

未讀,
2013年10月21日 上午9:31:032013/10/21
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... we could do another "Stupid Admin Tricks" round table discussion.

I think I do some fun things with SSH I haven't talked about. Maybe
some things with screen and/or tmux.

Does that work for everyone that's coming? Unless anyone has a better idea.

-ME

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Johan Huldtgren

Jason Crawford

未讀,
2013年10月21日 上午9:41:302013/10/21
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com

Works for me, I always end up doing sysadmin work despite not being a sysadmin so hopefully I'll pickup some useful stuff.

Johan Huldtgren

未讀,
2013年10月22日 下午2:04:472013/10/22
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
as a recovering sysadmin I can only agree.

Mike Erdely

未讀,
2013年10月28日 上午9:49:002013/10/28
收件者:cap...@googlegroups.com
Reminder! Meeting tomorrow, October 29 at 6:30 PM at Message Systems
(9130 Guilford Road, #100, Columbia, Maryland 21046:
http://goo.gl/maps/4KDnp).

See you there!
回覆所有人
回覆作者