March 2012 Meeting: Mini Ports Hackathon

Mike Erdely

Mar 19, 2012, 4:51:50 PM3/19/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com
This month, we're meeting Thursday, March 29 (6:30 PM ET) at OmniTI's
Columbia Office [http://omniti.com/is/here]
([http://preview.tinyurl.com/omniti]).

We will be doing a Mini Ports Hackathon (I think most group expertise
is centered around OpenBSD, but other BSDs are always welcome).

The point is to look at some ports that some people have in their
local ports tree that may need some extra eyes to clean up and submit
to ports@. Be sure to bring a laptop with you to actually do some
ports work on. Also, it would be nice to get a head count so please
respond if you're coming.

Then we'll head to Victoria Gastro Pub for some extremely healthy
food, beer, and wine. See you there!

-ME

Jason Crawford

Mar 20, 2012, 12:10:46 PM3/20/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com

Unless my schedule changes drastically, I'll be there! I'm definitely interested in getting firefox ESR put in, as that seems exactly like the type of firefox openbsd would want since we don't backport new releases. I've already got mostly working port, the issue now is installing it alongside mozilla-firefox package w/o collisions.

James Crutchfield

Mar 20, 2012, 12:38:16 PM3/20/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to come, but am still stuck in the middle of the crunch that made me miss the meetup last week. It's been at least 15 years since I wrote anything more complex than PHP scripts for a web front-end and MySQL db. Stuff I know you all do in your sleep, or while sitting in traffic... I'm keeping my eyes open for a small maintainership project to re-cut my teeth on.

James Crutchfield

Johan Huldtgren

Mar 20, 2012, 2:48:16 PM3/20/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com
> We will be doing a Mini Ports Hackathon (I think most group expertise
> is centered around OpenBSD, but other BSDs are always welcome).
>
> The point is to look at some ports that some people have in their
> local ports tree that may need some extra eyes to clean up and submit
> to ports@. Be sure to bring a laptop with you to actually do some
> ports work on. Also, it would be nice to get a head count so please
> respond if you're coming.

I'll be there.

.jh

Mark Peoples

Mar 23, 2012, 8:11:21 PM3/23/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com

i'll be there. test is wednesday next week

i may have 2 people coming along too, can't confirm them though. 1 is married to an omniti employee, so it works out =)

any interest/need for an esx machine to come along? i can put whatever vms on there if there's interest

Todd Carson

Mar 26, 2012, 8:07:19 PM3/26/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:51:50PM -0400, Mike Erdely wrote:
> > Be sure to bring a laptop with you to actually do some
> > ports work on. Also, it would be nice to get a head count so please
> > respond if you're coming.

I'll be there.
If I have time I'll try to get some of my non-x86 systems updated to the
latest snap and accessible for builds and testing of smaller ports.

Jason Crawford

Mar 26, 2012, 9:18:17 PM3/26/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com

Will there be any extra keyboards or monitors or something for non-x86 stuff? I've got an alpha and maybe a sparc64 I can bring if I update, but those monitors are a bitch.

Patrick Thomasson

Mar 29, 2012, 9:07:43 AM3/29/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there and I'll bring a keyboard and 13w3/VGA .

Jason Crawford

Mar 29, 2012, 5:20:32 PM3/29/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com

I wasn't able to prep my other machines in time, had too much other stuff I needed to get done, so just my amd laptop, sorry guys.

Patrick Thomasson

Mar 29, 2012, 5:41:50 PM3/29/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Jason, I am bringing a machine for you.
;)

Jason Crawford

Mar 29, 2012, 5:43:52 PM3/29/12
to cap...@googlegroups.com

Sweet! I'm sure my gf will be real happy to add another machine to the mix hahaha :)