Fwd: New meeting venue

Jason Crawford

Apr 22, 2014, 2:52:30 PM4/22/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

My company has finally settled into a new office location in
Rockville, MD and I've gotten approval for hosting CapBUG meetings.
Both Mike and I are hoping that this will make travel for anyone in
the Northern Virginia area easier. To start with, we will alternate
meeting locations every month, so one month it will be held in
Columbia, MD and the next month in Rockville, MD to sort of test drive
the new location. If it turns out there's a lot of interest, we could
possibly move to two meetings a month, one in each location. I will be
hosting the meetings held in Rockville, Mike hosting the meetings held
in Columbia.

As far as logistics go, the office space is not as large as Columbia,
however the room we will be meeting in is about the same size (or
slightly bigger) than the room we usually hold the meetings in
Columbia. We have wifi access and a standard VGA projector. Sadly no
fancy 1080p TV displays yet! Parking will have to be at adjacent lots
to the building, as the parking garage is closed to visitor access
after 6pm. This won't be an issue however, the bank next door is
closed by now so visitors may use that lot and walk to the building. I
will have a number posted for calling when you arrive as well so I can
come down and let anyone in.

Since this is a new venue, there will be some bumps but I'll do my
best to work out the kinks as quickly as possible, and hopefully this
will help CapBUG expand even further.

The address is:
600 Jefferson Plaza
Suite M5
Rockville, MD 20852

It's basically right where Route 28 and Route 355 (Rockville Pike) intersect.
If you are coming from i270, use exit 6 and follow Route 28 until you
hit Jefferson Plaza.
If you're coming from Baltimore area, you'd take Route 97 south and
turn right onto Route 28, continue until you see the building. It's a
little tricky coming from here because of how 355 and 28 intersect.

--
Jason

Mike Erdely

Apr 22, 2014, 2:55:44 PM4/22/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome, Jason.  Thanks for hooking this up!  I think it'll be great to make the meetings more accessible to the NoVA side of the city.

I think holding the next meeting in Rockville makes a lot of sense.  Can we get a headcount of who would come if it were in Rockville?  The meeting date would be May 29 using our normal schedule.

Jason Crawford

Apr 22, 2014, 3:03:03 PM4/22/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Slight change in scheduling due to conflicts for me, the meeting will
be the 4th Thursday in May, the 22nd, not the 29th.

I can give some filler talk on Heartbleed as well if there's interest in that.

Nick Hasser

Apr 23, 2014, 6:18:33 AM4/23/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Location shouldn't be an issue for me...my schedule is more of a determining factor.

Mike Erdely

May 15, 2014, 1:18:41 PM5/15/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
So... We haven't gotten any feedback from anyone. Jason was going to
do a talk on Heartbleed on Thursday, May 22nd, in Rockville.

Is anyone interested?

-ME

James

May 15, 2014, 3:45:47 PM5/15/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Heartbleed sounds good, I plan to attend.

James Crutchfield

Sent from my iPhone.

Johan Huldtgren

May 16, 2014, 4:18:04 PM5/16/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.

.jh

Gareth Digby

May 18, 2014, 7:56:52 PM5/18/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I can't make Thursday's meeting.
GD

Jason Crawford

May 19, 2014, 11:26:21 PM5/19/14
to cap...@googlegroups.com

Just a reminder that this month's meeting is this coming Thursday. I'll be talking about Heartbleed at our new venue location in Rockville MD. We're hoping this will make it easier to include any members from the Northern Virginia area. The address is:

600 Jefferson Plaza
Suite M5
Rockville, MD 20852

Parking will be in the lot adjacent to the building. I hope to see a lot of you there.

--
Jason