vBSDcon: Septemeber 11 - 13, 2015

Rick Miller

Jul 31, 2015, 11:57:24 AM7/31/15
to cap...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

vBSDcon is a technical conference for the various BSD communities that is hosted by Verisign for users and developers of BSD-based systems.  vBSDcon 2015 is being held in Reston, VA from September 11 - 13, 2015 at the Sheraton Reston hotel.  vBSDcon is an ideal event for systems and network administrators, developers, and engineers with a focus on BSD-based technologies.  The early bird registration rate of $75.00 is available through August 13, 2015 at vBSDcon.com.

The vBSDcon program is a single track conference with plenary talks and unconference activities like Birds of A Feather sessions and Lightning Talks and, as a bonus, we are hosting The FreeBSD Foundation to operate a one-day FreeBSD Developer’s Summit on September 11, 2015.  Speakers from across North America and Europe will cover the topics below during plenary sessions:

* FreeBSD Virtualization Options by Michael Dexter
* Made to Measure: Network Performance Analysis in FreeBSD by George Neville-Neil and JimThompson
* What is EdgeBSD by Pierre Pronchery
* Blacklist’d: A NetBSD project by Christos Zoulas
* getdns, A New Stub Resolver by Willem Toorop
* Interesting Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With ZFS by Allan Jude
* HardenedBSD Internals by Shawn Webb
* Improving MemGuard support for UMA on FreeBSD by Chang-Hsien Tsai
* Devio.us, the Free OpenBSD Shell Provider and Online BSD User Group: Technical and Social Lessons Learned from Half a Decade of Service by Brian Callahan and Bryce Chidester

vBSDcon provides space for a hacker lounge and doc sprint open to all BSD communities including, but not limited to, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, and more.  The space is unmoderated so you can setup in these spaces following the conclusion of daily conference activities to accomplish work on your projects or documentation while away from the office.

We’d like to give a big shout out to all of our sponsors up to this point who have invested in you as a community...

Platinum Sponsor: XinuOS
Developer’s Summit Sponsor: The FreeBSD Foundation
Gold Sponsor: Cisco Talos Security
Mid-Conference Social Sponsor: iXsystems, Inc
Tote Bag Sponsor: RootBSD
Silver Sponsor: Daemon Security

Sponsorship opportunities are still available.  Organizations interested in support the event and community are encouraged to contact us at vBS...@verisign.com.

--