Fwd: Opportunity in Usable Security: Applications wanted for the Norm Hardy Prize

Mark S. Miller

Mar 14, 2024, 12:19:23 PMMar 14
to Discussion of E and other capability languages, cap-talk, fr...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Foresight Intelligent Cooperation Group <foresight-intell...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 3:36 AM
Subject: Opportunity in Usable Security: Applications wanted for the Norm Hardy Prize
To: Foresight Intelligent Cooperation Group <foresight-intell...@googlegroups.com>

Hello,

Given your interest in Intelligent Cooperation, we would like to highlight our annual Norm Hardy Prize.

Within the field of Usable Security, this prize recognizes work that:

  • helps users understand, preferably tacitly, the security aspects of what they do,

  • introduces workflows that make the secure way to do something the easy way,

  • develops design principles for systems that are as easy or easier to use because of their security, or

  • explores theory of mind of how users interact with secure systems.

The long-term goal of this prize is a set of design principles and tools that encourage developers to create interaction designs that make it easy for people to use secure systems securely. Please see our website for more information.

The application deadline is July 31st.

The winning project will receive a cash award of $10,000, and will be invited to present their work at our upcoming Vision Weekend in December in San Francisco and host a Foresight Seminar (virtual).

We would be excited to receive an application from you.

Finally, if you believe you have reach to those working in this sphere, we would be highly grateful if you would be willing to share this opportunity with those in this community.

Kā mihi,

Niamh

  Cheers,
  --MarkM